Xu joined Risk Management Services (RMS) in Feb 2011. He oversees Info Risk Management, Cyber Security, Record Management, Data Security, Data Protection, Network and Systems Security, Databases, Cybersecurity Framework Risk Assessment, Compliance, and Project Management. Xu was Network Manager in Arizona State Museum prior to joining Risk Management Services.
Xu's educational background includes a B.S. in Engineering and an M.S. in Computer Science. He is Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) , Qualys Certified Specialist, and Splunk Certified User. Xu also held IBITGQ GDPR, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), and CompTIA A+ Certifications. He serves in the following roles.
- University Administration Technical Advisory Council member
- University Information Security Council member
- University Network Manager Group Member
- University Department Information Security Manager
- University Web Developer Group member
- Occupational Health Data Standards Committee