The use of vehicles for university business is governed by the UA Fleet Safety Policy. The Fleet Safety Policy establishes the management framework for fleet safety that will minimize losses and maintain compliance with state rules governing loss control programs for state agencies. All managers, supervisors, and authorized drivers are urged to review the policy in detail to ensure proper implementation and compliance at the departmental level.
Key topics covered in the policy include:
- Minimum Driver Qualifications
- Online Driver Registration
- Motor Vehicle Record Review and Acceptance Criteria
- Training Requirements for Defensive Driving
- High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Use
- Supervisory Procedures for Drivers with Restricted Licenses
- Vehicle Operation and Accident Reporting Procedures
- Vehicle Safety Inspections
- Use of Personal, Rental, and Other Vehicles on University Business
- Mexican Insurance Procedures
- Commercial Driver's License Provisions
If you have questions about fleet safety issues, contact Risk Management Services at 621-1790 for assistance.